Another Town Square Olive Oil Recipe
6 Tbsp extra dark cocoa powder
1/2 Cup fresh brewed strong coffee (Awake Coffee Works Best)
3/4 Cup all-purpose flour
1/2 Tsp baking soda
Pinch of salt
2/3 Cup Blood Orange Olive Oil
1 Cup sugar
2 Tsp vanilla extract
1 Cup Black Cherry Balsalmic
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 9” cake pan with olive oil and line with oiled parchment paper.
- Combine cocoa and coffee, stir until well-mixed and set aside to cool.
- Sift flour with baking soda and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Put blood orange olive oil, sugar and eggs in an electric mixer with whisk attachment or mix with whisk by hand.
- Mix at medium-high speed for 3-5 minutes, until lighter in color.
- Turn speed down to low and add chocolate mixture and vanilla extract.
- Add in flour mixture and mix until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake approximately 35-40 minutes, until set in the middle.
- Cool 10 minutes then remove from pan.
- Dust with powdered sugar to serve when completely cool.
- While cake is baking, reduce black cherry balsamic by 1/3, stirring frequently.
- Allow sauce to cool to room temperature.
Use this #TownSquareRecipes, if you try out this recipe! Visit our store in Covington, right off the square at 1130 Church Street, Covington, GA 30014 or call us at 770-728-1000. Check out our website www.townsquareoliveoil.com