Reasons to Sell, Same as Reasons to Buy
There will always be people considering selling their home, just as there will be others interested in buying a home. There are many factors that both buyers and sellers take into consideration. Of course, price and location are usually the lead motivators, but size, condition, layout, neighborhood, schools and community are also important.
But what details do both buyers and sellers have in common? Let’s explore some.
- Low mortgage rates. This is a great opportunity for buyers, right? But it’s also advantageous for sellers. It allows them to take advantage of a bigger pool of buyers AND it benefits them if they have to finance their next move.
- Home prices are rising. So, doesn’t that only benefit sellers? Actually, no. Motivated buyers are good for sellers that’s true, but buyers can be more certain that the value of their new home is going to continue to rise from the moment they close on the purchase of their new residence.
- Strengthening job markets. In almost every corner of the country, job availability is improving. Even though some are better than others, the general feeling is positive and that is good for both buyers and sellers.
- Buyer demand is strong. That’s really great news if you are a seller, but why is it good for a buyer? It would seem that this can have a negative impact for the buyer, but actually in the current year, home buyers are on the rise because in most markets, other than major urban areas like Los Angeles, San Francisco, New York, Washington, D.C., etc. it is getting more expensive to rent than to own. People are beginning to realize that spending 30 years in an apartment will lead to annual rent increases, while the principle and interest payment on a 30-year mortgage is constant.
- Is it a Buyers’ or Sellers’ Market? Or is it currently something else? If you read the latest from all the real estate pundits, you might not be able to determine that either currently has any significant advantage. It could be because the factors that govern those definitions are fairly balanced and the first part of 2018 could be one of the best times in years for both buyers and sellers.
The coming months are likely to be very good for home buyers as well as those interested in changing their lifestyle, location, etc. Many seniors will be looking to downsize in 2018 which provides countless opportunities for first-time buyers, growing families and people wanting to or needing to relocate.
To take advantage of this opportunity, it’s best to connect with someone who knows the market, whether you are a Baby Boomer, senior or a family member trying to figure it all out, call us at (404) 630-2985. You can put your trust in the SRES® professionals at Deon Cannon Realty – and we’re here to serve your real estate needs. Call us today and we’ll begin working with you right now to develop a strong and sensible plan to sell your home or find the one that’s absolutely perfect for you.