Transfer gossip surrounding the likes of Cristiano Ronaldo, Lionel Messi and PSG forward Kylian Mbappe have hit fever pitch over the last few weeks. Ronaldo wants to quit the French side and join Jose Mourinho at Manchester United, while Messi is said to be flattered by the interest from Real Madrid and wants to stay put at Barcelona.
A report has suggested that Samuel Umtiti has been in contact with Paris Saint-Germain officials in a bid to secure a move to Real Madrid. The defender has yet to agree to a contract renewal with the Ligue 1 champions and has been heavily linked with a move to the Bernabeu this summer.. Read more about mbappe transfer and let us know what you think.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
PSG’s Ronaldo-Messi saga will have to wait
While PSG currently has a powerful offensive three in Neymar, Kylian Mbappe, and Lionel Messi, a rumor from Calciomercato claims that the club is targeting Juventus star Cristiano Ronaldo to ultimately replace Mbappe.
Mbappe, who is 22 years old, has been linked with a move to Real Madrid, but PSG has no intentions to sell him this summer. However, his current contract expires in 2022, and he may be able to depart on his own.
But while he won’t be an option this summer, PSG see the 36-year-old Ronaldo as the player who can come in and fill the Frenchman’s void, especially as his own contract also ends next year too.
PSG will have competition for his signing, with El Chiringuito in Spain reporting that Carlo Ancelotti wants to bring the Portugal striker back to Real Madrid, while Corriere dello Sport in Italy says that he has been offered to Manchester City.
If Ronaldo joins PSG, it may open the door for Mauro Icardi to join Juventus and team up with Argentina’s Paulo Dybala.
The Parisians have already signed Gianluigi Donnarumma, Achraf Hakimi, Georginio Wijnaldum, and Sergio Ramos this summer, in addition to Messi. Despite the fact that this has been a fantastic transfer season, Nasser Al-Khelaifi and the Parc des Princes management seem to still be dreaming of fresh names they may bring in the future.
– Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, and more on ESPN+
09.03 BST: Liverpool defender Ben Davies has signed a season-long loan deal with Championship side Sheffield United, the Blades confirmed on Monday evening.
Davies, 26, joined Liverpool from Preston North End in February to help with the club’s defensive injury problems, but has yet to play for Jurgen Klopp’s side. There is no option in the agreement to make it permanent next summer.
“I’m overjoyed to be here,” Davies remarked. “The atmosphere and playing against Sheffield United have always appealed to me.”
“Hopefully, I’ll be able to fit into the manager’s plans nicely,” he said. “Match days and the excitement of having supporters in the stands are something I’ve missed. That’s part of the appeal of coming here and wishing for a good year.”
With the signing of a highly experienced and versatile Championship defender, Slavia Jokanovic has made his first signing as Sheffield United manager.
Ben Davies joins Bramall Lane on a season-long loan from Liverpool. SUFC (Soccer United Football Club)
August 16, 2021 — Sheffield United (@SheffieldUnited)
08.36 BST: Real Madrid goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has signed a new deal that will keep him at the club until June 2026.
According to ESPN’s Alex Kirkland and Rodrigo Faez, a new contract for Courtois was one of the club’s main objectives, with both sides showing a “great” attitude throughout talks. The Belgian international is content in Madrid, and it was always his goal to extend his previous deal. The goalie and his family are also at ease in the city on a personal level.
On Saturday, Courtois, 29, won his 100th competitive game for Los Blancos, a 4-1 victory against Alaves (see the replay on ESPN+ in the United States). He arrived for €35 million from Chelsea in the summer of 2018, after spending three years on loan at Atletico Madrid from 2011 to 2014.
– LaLiga on ESPN+: Watch live and on-demand LaLiga matches (U.S. only)
8 a.m. BST: Despite Tottenham’s repeated denials that they are willing to listen to bids for Harry Kane, Manchester City is pressing forward with its pursuit of the striker, according to ESPN’s Rob Dawson.
City have just over two weeks before the transfer window closes on August 31, and there are plans to put Spurs’ determination to retain the England captain to the test.
Kane is valued at more over £150 million by Tottenham, who has three years remaining on his deal. Although City has previously said that they would not match the asking price for his rights, ESPN has learned that they are prepared to shatter the British transfer record for the second time this summer after paying £100 million to acquire Jack Grealish from Aston Villa.
They could pay £120 million plus add-ons for Kane, but Spurs have given no indication that a bid in that range would be approved.
City think they can earn more than £50 million by selling peripheral players like Morgan Rogers, a 19-year-old winger, and still anticipate one experienced first-team player to go.
Tammy Abraham’s potential move from Chelsea to Jose Mourinho’s Roma is discussed by Gab Marcotti and Julien Laurens.
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Danny Lewis)
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Nahitan Nandez of Cagliari is one of the midfielders Tottenham Hotspur is interested in signing. There are other possibilities, and although no formal bids have been submitted yet, first contact has been made. Despite the fact that Cristian Romero has already moved to North London on loan from Atalanta, Spurs sports director Fabio Paratici is eager to bring in a centre-back.
– Napoli are looking to strengthen their defense, according to Calciomercato, and have made contact with Villarreal about a transfer for left-back Pervis Estupinan. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, the Serie A club isn’t done yet, as they’re also interested in Juan Jesus, who is a free agent after leaving AS Roma.
– According to Kicker, Union Berlin midfielder Robert Andrich has agreed to join Bayer Leverkusen. The 26-year-contract old’s expires in June 2022, so if the two teams can’t agree on a new agreement, he will join them for free next summer. They are, however, trying to make the transition this summer.
– Following the €85 million transfer of Jadon Sancho from Borussia Dortmund, Manchester United’s Amad Diallo is expected to struggle for playing time. Sheffield United are reportedly giving the 19-year-old an opportunity to play minutes as they seek a loan transfer, according to TalkSPORT.
– Lazio have been unable to finalize any additions this summer, with several players practicing with the club despite not having a contract. According to La Gazzetta dello Sport, this may force them to sell Joaquin Correa to make room for new recruits.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- mbappe transfer
- mbappe height
- kylian mbappe
- messi transfer
- mbappe age