Rockdale County Public Schools (RCPS) will hold important Open House nights during October and November 2017 for the 2018-19 School Specialty and Choice programs. Students and families interested in applying to a program are strongly encouraged to attend that program’s Open House night.
The application window for School Specialty and Choice programs is November 17, 2017 through December 15, 2017. The application will be online at www.rockdaleschools.org/specialtyandchoice. Students may apply for specialty programs outside of their assigned neighborhood school zone.
Please note: Non-traditional programs such as Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology, Rockdale Career Academy, Rockdale Open Campus and Rockdale Virtual Campus are not included in this application process and have separate applications and deadlines. Please see your school counselor for more information about the non-traditional programs.
The RCPS School Specialty and Choice Program Open House nights are as follows:
- Gen. Ray Davis Middle School, Academy for Performing and Visual Arts (Grades 6-8), Oct. 10, 5-7 p.m.
- Conyers Middle School, Center for Technology & Engineering (Aerospace) (Grades 6-8), Oct. 19, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Memorial Middle School, STEM Academy for Environmental Studies (Grade 6), Oct. 19, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Sims Elementary School, AVID Elementary (Grades K-2), Oct. 24, 5:30 p.m.
- Salem High School, International Entertainment and Business Leadership Academy, Oct. 24, 6-7:30 p.m.
- Open Campus*, non-traditional high school (Students may apply after two years of high school and a minimum of five credits), Oct. 24, 5 p.m.
- Rockdale County High School, Institute of Advanced Technology (Grade 9), Nov. 2, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Memorial Middle School, STEM Academy for Environmental Studies (Grades 7-8), Nov. 2, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Heritage High School, Academy for Performing and Visual Arts (Grades 9-12), Nov. 6, 6-7 p.m.
- Shoal Creek Elementary School, STEAM Program (Grades 3-5), Nov. 7, 6 p.m.
- Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology* (Grade 9), Nov. 8, 6-7:30 p.m. students from DMS and EMS (Private School and Home School students may attend either Open House session).
- Rockdale Magnet School for Science and Technology* (Grade 9), Nov. 9, 6-7:30 p.m. students from CMS and MMS (Private School and Home School students may attend either Open House session).
- C.J. Hicks Elementary School, Dual Language Immersion (Kindergarten), Nov. 16, 5 p.m.
- Edwards Middle School, Pre-Medical Science (Grades 6-8), Nov. 16, 6-7 p.m.
- Honey Creek Elementary School, STEM Program (Grades K-5), Nov. 16, 6:30-7:30 p.m.
- Rockdale Career Academy* (Grades 9-12), January 30, 2018, 5-8 p.m.
*Non-traditional program with separate application and deadline.