The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), the flagship institute of the government of India, is also one of the best medical colleges in the country. The institute is located in the heart of New Delhi, and has undergone a huge expansion since its inception in 1964. The AIIMS is a research institute as well, and has specialized in areas like research in genetic disorders, clinical research and translational research.
The Indian Institute of Medical Science (IIMS) is the premier medical institute of the country. It was established in 1956 with the initiative of the then Prime Minister of India, Jawaharlal Nehru. The aim of the institute is to provide medical education that is comparable to the best in the world. It is a single-campus institute located in Delhi. The institute conducts MBBS (Bachelor of medicine, Bachelor of surgery) and MD (Doctor of Medicine) courses, which is conducted in courses for eight months in a year.Of all the career opportunities, healthcare is the most challenging. Working as a healthcare professional is not an easy task. This field requires years of experience, dedication, skills and high qualifications in a reputed institute like AIIMS.To get admission in a popular medical institute, candidates have to pass a relevant entrance exam. If you are interested in medicine and aspire to a career in healthcare, you should study a UG level course with relevant subjects. In India, a total of 15 AIIMS institutes offer admission to the MBBS program through an entrance exam, namely AIIMS. So here are some important aspects regarding AIIMS that you should consider before applying. Let’s discuss this:
What is AIIMS?
AIIMS or All India Institute of Medical Sciences, commonly known as AIIMS MBBS, is a national level entrance exam offered for admission to UG medical places by 15 different AIIMS institutes like New Delhi, Rishikesh, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur, Raipur, Bathinda, Nagpur, Raebareli, Gorakhpur, Guntur, Kalyani, Patna, Bhopal etc. AIIMS New Delhi organizes AIIMS across the country every year. More than three million students have registered for the exam, but only a few will pass. But the first thing that comes to mind is why AIIMS New Delhi is organising it. Hence the answer: The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi, is a medical institution of national importance. Although it was established by an Act of Parliament in 1956. The main objective of AIIMS MBBS is to encourage students to take MBBS courses in AIIMS institutions. After passing the examination, candidates study for at least five and a half years, four and a half of which are devoted to classroom teaching, practical work, seminars, project work and laboratory work; the remaining year is a compulsory internship. The above 15 institutes are considered leading universities in the field of medical sciences. Candidates who have passed the 10+2 exam or candidates who are in the 12th grade. year are eligible to participate in the AIIMS exam. So the test has its own meaning and complex standards. Candidates are advised to inform themselves about the AIIMS eligibility criteria, application procedure, application fee, syllabus and examination pattern before appearing for the examination. Let’s look at the first part, which is about eligibility.
What are the eligibility requirements for the AIIMS exam?
In general, admission criteria may vary from institute to institute, but AIIMS has its own basic requirements, including age, academic qualifications and nationality. Candidates wishing to take the AIIMS exam must meet the following requirements.
- Students must take 10+2 in grade 12. Regulations for admission to lower secondary education I.Sc. (Intermediate School) or equivalent examination from a recognized board or other state board.
- The candidate must pass the following subjects: physics, chemistry, biology (English is compulsory) in the entrance exam.
- Candidates who have passed the 12. The following students have passed or participated in Class 12. Students enrolled in the first year or equivalent must demonstrate proficiency in the required subjects (chemistry, biology, English and physics) at the time of registration for the AIIMS exam.
- Apart from the above requirements, candidates (general category) should obtain minimum 60% marks and in case of SC/ST/OPH category 50% marks will be accepted for AIIMS examination.
Applicants must submit their applications by 31 December. December (the year of admission) be 17 years old, the maximum age for AIIMS entrance exams is unlimited. Age waiver is available for candidates belonging to SC/ST and OBC categories. For more information on age waiver, please visit the official website of AIIMS New Delhi. Nationality: Citizenship is divided into three categories: Indian citizenship, Overseas Indian Citizenship (OIC) and foreign applicants. Further information on citizenship can be found below:
- Indian Citizenship – Candidates having Indian citizenship are eligible to sit for the AIIMS examination.
- Overseas Indian Citizens (OCI) – Students with OCI can also apply for admission to AIIMS MBBS. However, these candidates must provide proof or confirmation of registration in order to sit the tests.
- Foreign candidates – Foreign nationals appointed by the government are not allowed to take the AIIMS MBBS exam. All you have to do is report to AIIMS in New Delhi, India. These candidates must score at least 50% in the qualifying examinations for English, Chemistry, Physics and Biology. Based on this requirement, foreign candidates are eligible for admission to the MBBS programme at AIIMS New Delhi.
Reservation criteria in AIIMS MBBS Candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and PWD categories will be allotted reserved seats up to a certain percentage. The new AIIMS in Bhopal, Patna, Raipur, Bhubaneswar, Jodhpur and Rishikesh will now admit 100 candidates each. We have listed here the reservation policy according to the rules and regulations of AIIMS.
- SC (Scheduled Caste) – 15%.
- ST (tribe with a tribal lifestyle) – 7.5%.
- NC-OBC (non-cream – other disadvantaged classes) – 27%.
- PWBD (people with a reference handicap – 5%)
- The above booking criteria is currently applicable only for AIIMS Nagpur and AIIMS Guntur.
- AIIMS Delhi has a total of 100 seats for Indian nationals and 7 seats for foreigners.
- If any SC or ST seats remain vacant, they should be converted to general category seats.
Examination Schedule and AIIMSSyllabus
Before applying for AIIMS, candidates should be fully aware of the structure of the exam. Below you will find information about the AIIMS MBBS:
- Mode of Examination – The AIIMS MBBS is an entrance examination by computer. It is also called a computerized test.
- Duration – The duration of the exam is 3.30 hours.
- Medium – English and Hindi
- Number of Questions – Candidates will be asked to answer 200 MCQs (multiple choice questions).
- Topics – Questions will be based on the topics of the exam, including chemistry, biology, general knowledge, ability and physics.
- Grading Scheme – The candidate will be awarded one mark for each correct answer.
- Negative Scoring System – A negative scoring system is used in the IIA registration tests. For each wrong answer, one third of the score will be deducted.
- Distribution of scores – The distribution of scores is shown below:
Physics – 60 points Chemistry – 60 points Biology – 60 stamps General knowledge – 10 points Skill and logical thinking – 10 stamps
To prepare for an examination, candidates should be familiar with the syllabus prescribed by the examination authority. There will be 10+2 class questions on subjects like chemistry, biology and physics and the other two exams, namely general knowledge and skill, will cover general knowledge and current affairs. The following details are described as follows. Let’s see:
- Wave motion
- Optical Rays
- Heat and thermodynamics
- The laws of motion
- The effect of electricity and magnetism
- Modern Physics
- The origin of life
- Diseases affecting human health
- Cell division
- Mineral nutrients
- Attitude of plants towards water
- Cellular respiration
- Alkenes and alkynes
- General organic chemistry
- Elements of the block s
- Chemical Thermodynamics
- Transition elements and electrochemistry
- Chemistry in everyday life
- p-block elements
- General Knowledge
- History and geography
- Books and authors
- Prizes and Awards
- Logical thinking
- Encoding and decoding
- A blood tie
- Mirror Images
- Venn diagrams
- A strange man.
Candidates can apply for the AIIMS entrance test through the online registration mode and the fees can be paid digitally through credit card/debit card/net banking only. Registration fees are different for all categories. Read more about the registration fees:
- The registration fee for the general category is Rs. 1500/-
- The application fee for OBC (both tiers of cream) is Rs. 1500/-
- Registration fee for SC – Rs 1200 /-
- Registration fee for ST – Rs 1200 /-
- Application fee for PRBD – exempted
How do I register for the AIIMS entrance exam?
To register for the AIIMS entrance exam, candidates have to go through a two-step process, namely the basic registration process and the final registration process. AIIMS Basic Registration Process : Applicants must complete the following steps in the initial phase: Step:1 Open a web browser on your computer Step:2 Find the official website of AIIMS MBBS, namely aiimsexams.org. Step:3 Click on it and select the New Registration option. Step:4 Fill in all the basic details like name, address, father’s name, mother’s name etc. on the form provided. Step:5 Scan and upload the photo and caption. Candidates are not required to pay for the AIIMS exam at this time.
AIIMS Final registration procedure:
Upon successful completion of the basic registration, a code will be sent to your email or SMS address for the final registration process, which you must complete during basic registration. Then log in again with the code and fill out the entire form. You must give full details of your personal data, qualifications and professional experience when you register online. The applicant must then make the payment in accordance with his category. Payment can be made online or by bank transfer. Review the entire form from start to finish and print it out for future use.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the eligibility criteria for aiims?
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is one of the premier medical institutes in India and one of the oldest institutes of the country. It is situated in New Delhi. It was established in the year 1959. It is a premier medical institute in the country. The All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) is a premier medical institute located in India’s capital city of New Delhi. It is the second oldest institute of its kind after the Edinburgh University’s medical school. The institute was established in 1959 with the affiliation of the University of Delhi. The institute is ranked as one of the best medical institutions in the world.
What percentage is required in 12th for aiims?
The AIIMS exam is a national level medical examination conducted by the Indian government. It is designed to test the aptitude of the candidates in Order to determine the level of medical education required to become a Physician in India. The AIIMS is a postgraduate medical school that is located in New Delhi, India. The AIIMS was founded in 1956. The portal for applying for the AIIMS is www.aiims.ernet.in. The application is available in multiple languages, like English, Hindi, and Bengali. The first AIIMS was launched in the year 1956. The AIIMS is an internationally recognized institute. The examination is conducted in various streams and specialties.
How do I register for aiims 2021?
The AIIMS is a premier medical institute in India which comes under the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. It is a national institute that offers medical education to aspiring students. It offers a number of post graduate and undergraduate courses in medicine, surgery, and dentistry. The institute was established in 1956. AIIMS is among the most sought after medical entrance exams in the country. The exam is conducted by All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), a government entity under the Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The exam has an annual intake of about 300-350 students. All the candidates are required to clear the AIIMS Entrance Exam to continue their studies. The exam is conducted in four sessions at different dates and days.
Feedback,aiims age limit 2020aiims mbbs entrance exam12th percentage required for aiimswhat is aiims examhow to get admission in aiims after 12thaiims 2021 exam date,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,maximum age limit for aiims entrance exam,aiims age limit 2020,aiims mbbs entrance exam,12th percentage required for aiims,what is aiims exam,how to get admission in aiims after 12th,aiims entrance exam 2021 application form,aiims 2021 exam date