SSC MTS Exam or the Staff Selection Commission Multi-Tasking Staff Examination is a national level exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission. This is for the recruitment of candidates in the General Central Service Group-C Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial posts. These posts are under various Ministries, Departments, Offices of the Government of India, and their posting may be in different States or Union Territories in India.
The selection process for SSC MTS exam comprises two stages- Paper-I and Paper-II. Qualified candidates are selected for the final Document Verification (DV). This examination is easy, but the competition is tough. Aspiring candidates can go through BYJU’s Exam Prep, the most comprehensive platform for preparing for this competitive exam.
SSC MTS Job Profile
The designation and responsibilities of the Staff Selection Commission Multi-Tasking Staff vary under different departments. Some titles for SSC MTS Exam qualified candidates are given below.
To qualify the SSC MTS exam, you must know the SSC MTS Syllabus in the best way to prepare for the written exam.
The roles of a candidate recruited for a particular designation of SSC MTS may be within the department or interdepartmental. A few responsibilities are:
- Physical maintenance of records of the section.
- Cleaning the premises.
- General cleanliness of the office interior.
- Maintenance of records.
- Courier delivery.
- Delivering posts.
- Photocopying, sending of FAX, etc.
- Watch and ward duties.
- Supporting routine office work like a diary, despatch, etc., including computer works.
- Works related to ITI qualification, if it exists.
- Driving vehicles if in possession of a valid driving license.
- Maintenance of gardens and potted plants.
- To perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by their supervisor.
Stages for SSC MTS Selection:
SSC MTS Examination conducted by the Staff Selection Commission is a two-tier examination system. An SSC MTS aspirant has to appear in both exams. Successful candidates are called for Document Verification.
To appear for this exam, an aspirant has to fill up the required form on the official website https://ssc.nic.in.
Scheme of Examination:
The SSC MTS consists of two papers:
- SSC MTS Paper-I: Objective Type Test (Computer-based/Online)
- SSC MTS Paper-II: Descriptive Test (Pen and Paper Mode)
1. SSC MTS Paper-I:
- Paper-I is a computer-based objective-type test.
- Total marks 100.
- Each correct answer is awarded one mark.
- There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- The syllabus of Paper-I has four parts – General English, General Intelligence and Reasoning, Numerical Aptitude, and General Awareness.
- Part I is the General English language test.
- Part II, III, and IV questions are set in English and Hindi.
- The candidates who successfully clear the Paper-I are selected for the Paper-II Exam.
|Part||Subject||Number of Questions/ Maximum Marks||Time Duration (For all four parts)|
|I||General English||25/25||90 Minutes (120 Minutes for candidates eligible for as per para 8.1 and 8 .2)|
|II||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25/25|
2. SSC MTS Paper-II:
- Paper-II is held only for those candidates who meet the cut-off in Paper-I.
- Paper-II is qualifying in nature.
- Paper-II is a descriptive paper, and pen and paper mode.
- Total marks 50.
- Candidates are asked to write a short essay or letter on a given topic.
- The language of writing is either in English or in any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.
|Subject||Maximum Marks||Time Duration|
|Short Essay or Letter writing in English or any language included in the 8th schedule of the Constitution.||50||30 Minutes
(40 Minutes for candidates eligible for as per Para 8.1 and 8.2).
SSC MTS Exam Paper-II qualifying marks:
- Paper-II marks are significant. Marks scored in Paper-II will decide if more than one candidate scores equal normalized marks in Paper-I.
- The qualifying marks for Paper-II are as follows:
|Other Reserved Categories||35%|
Document Verification (DV):
Candidates are shortlisted for appearing in the Document Verification based on the performance in Paper-I and the cut-off marks in Paper-II.
The eligible candidates are required to appear for DV along with photocopies and original documents as mentioned below:
- Aadhar Card
- Voter ID Card
- PAN Card
- Driving Licence
- School/College ID card
- Employer ID (Govt/PSU, if working)
Other documents for candidates of the different categories are:
- Caste certificate
- PWD certificate
- Relevant certificate if seeking any age relaxation
- NOC if in the case already employed
- Relevant document in the case of Ex-Serviceman
- Any other document specified in the Admission Certificate for DV.
BYJU’s Exam Prep supports students preparing for SSC MTS Exam and realizing their government service dream. This result-oriented brand name in entrance preparation offers syllabus-specific teaching by excellent faculties in every subject, along with interactive and time management techniques. It keeps the aspirants updated with timely notifications about the SSC MTS Application Forms and Exam dates.
Stay Connect with our education blog & write for us education