Arsenal are set to go head-to-head with Manchester United for the signature of Atletico Madrid defender Kieran Trippier. The Gunners have already made contact with the player, but United are also interested in securing the services of the England international.
The player really was the least of it all. After all, it was the man who stands as the most important figure in history to have never played for a top-flight club. It was the man who made sure that after a summer of drama, Manchester United were once again back in the Champions League, this time with a 2-1 aggregate scoreline against Atletico Madrid. Over the weekend, the rumours that Arsenal have made a new bid for Kieran Trippier have been proven absolutely true.
The transfer saga of Atletico Madrid defender Kryano Trippier continues to develop. Earlier this week, Atletico President Enrique Cerezo said that a deal to sell the Englishman to Crystal Palace had collapsed, but that the player’s agent claimed the opposite.. Read more about arsenal transfer news and let us know what you think.
For the main European leagues, the summer transfer window is entering its last month, which means the top teams are trying to make a statement in the market before the new season starts. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
TOP STORY: Arsenal to snare Trippier from Manchester United?
According to The Sun, Arsenal are aiming to sign full-back Kieran Trippier from Atletico Madrid ahead of Manchester United.
Arsenal have made touch with the Spanish champions regarding a move for the 31-year-old, as right-back Hector Bellerin is likely to depart the club this summer, and manager Mikel Arteta views Trippier as the ideal replacement.
Atletico Madrid are seeking €40 million for the England international, who has two years remaining on his contract, with manager Diego Simeone eager to give him a new contract despite the club’s financial difficulties.
Manchester United have shown interest in acquiring Trippier, but have only offered €25 million for the former Tottenham Hotspur and Manchester City defender so far.
– Marcotti: How this Messi-Barca drama will play out – Watch ESPN FC Daily on ESPN+ (U.S. only)
Axel Tuanzebe has returned to Aston Villa on loan from Manchester United until June 2022, according to the club.
Axel Tuanzebe’s transfer to Aston Villa for a year seems to be a smart one. He need consistent playing time and is familiar with Villa having played there in the Championship. It’s his chance to prove he’s good enough for Manchester United. Solskjaer is optimistic. Rob Dawson’s comment
12.59 BST: Will Romelu Lukaku have a successful return to Chelsea?
Frank Leboeuf, a Chelsea great, is delighted for Romelu Lukaku, who is allegedly close to returning to Stamford Bridge.
Wow, it’s 12.13 a.m. BST. Tottenham Hotspur and Inter Milan forward Lautaro Martinez have negotiated a price of over £60 million, according to The Times.
Martinez, 23, has garnered attention from Arsenal and Barcelona after scoring 31 goals in Serie A over the last two seasons while playing with Romelu Lukaku.
Lukaku is expected to join Chelsea for £97.5 million in the coming days, and Spurs have moved swiftly to clinch a deal for Martinez as well, given Inter’s financial difficulties.
Despite Manchester City’s interest in acquiring Harry Kane for £150 million this summer, according to the source, the Argentina international will play alongside him rather than replacing him at Spurs.
11.35 a.m. BST: Lionel Messi will fly to France on Sunday to finalize his transfer to PSG, according to ESPN’s Julien Laurens.
After leaving Barcelona, Messi, 34, is a free agent, and sources say his physical will take place either Sunday night or Monday morning.
The forward will be unveiled near the Eiffel Tower in Paris after signing a two-year deal with an option for a third year.
11.06 BST: Lionel Messi is in tears as he bids farewell to Barcelona during a press conference at Camp Nou.
“I was persuaded to remain in Barcelona,” he said. “This is my house, our home,” says the narrator. I wanted to remain at Barça, and that was the plan… but now, after spending my whole life here, I had to say goodbye.
“I’ve been thinking for a few days, trying to come up with anything to say, but I’m at a loss. It’s very tough for me to leave here after so many years, my whole life… I’m not ready.”
In response to a question regarding PSG’s involvement, he stated: “One possibility is that. Nothing is currently closed, however we are discussing a variety of topics. Following Barca’s announcement, a slew of teams expressed interest. But nothing is set in stone, despite the fact that discussions are ongoing.”
Messi can’t believe it’s almost over.
pic.twitter.com/pC9e7jtGz7 (via @FlorentTorchut)
August 8, 2021 — ESPN FC (@ESPNFC)
At his news appearance, Messi receives a standing ovation.
pic.twitter.com/qkhzkIc5jR (via @FlorentTorchut)
August 8, 2021 — ESPN FC (@ESPNFC)
Bayern Munich are expected to announce midfielder Joshua Kimmich’s contract extension at 10.46 BST, according to Fabrizio Romano.
Kimmich, 26, is expected to sign a three-year contract deal with the Bundesliga winners that would keep him at the club until 2026. According to Bild, he may potentially make €20 million per year, making him one of Bayern’s highest earners.
The team is currently attempting to re-sign midfielder Leon Goretzka, whose contract ends in 2022.
10.24 BST: There had been rumors that Sergio Aguero might leave Barcelona, despite the fact that he had just recently arrived on a free transfer.
What is the cause behind this? He was enraged that Lionel Messi, his Argentina teammate, would not be playing at Camp Nou next season.
When questioned about his future by supporters after visiting Messi’s home to say his goodbyes this weekend, Aguero responded, “You’ll have me all year long, don’t worry.”
PSG are enjoying perhaps the greatest transfer window of all time, with Lionel Messi coming and the acquisitions of Sergio Ramos, Gianluigi Donnarumma, and Georginio Wijnaldum for NOTHING.
Julien Laurens discusses the possibility of Lionel Messi joining PSG after his departure from Barcelona.
09.45 BST: Just in case you missed it, Lionel Messi is set to sign a three-year contract with Paris Saint-Germain, according to ESPN sources, and the club believes a deal is near following good first discussions with Messi’s agents.
More talks with Messi’s father and agent, Jorge, are expected to begin on Monday, or perhaps sooner, according to ESPN sources. Messi is a free agent after his contract with Barcelona ended on June 30 and the club was unable to extend it due to financial constraints.
PSG’s Ligue 1 season has already begun, with new acquisition Achraf Hakimi and Mauro Icardi scoring goals in a 2-1 win against Troyes.
When questioned about Messi after the game, PSG manager Mauricio Pochettino said that he was “an possibility that was being examined.”
Pochettino was cited by L’Equipe as stating, “His name is linked with various teams, there are lots of speculations.” “We’ll see what occurs over the next several days.”
“The players have maintained their concentration. We didn’t get off to a good start in the game, and we gave up far too many opportunities for my taste. But we have to applaud Troyes for making it tough for us; they were really energetic. We would have preferred a 5-0 victory, but we’ll accept what we got.”
09.26 BST: Barcelona’s Lionel Messi will hold a farewell press conference at Camp Nou on Sunday at noon CET (6 a.m. ET), only hours before the Joan Gamper trophy match.
According to ESPN, the 34-year-old has agreed to sign a new five-year contract at Camp Nou, which includes a significant salary cut, prolonging his 21-year association with the club. Barca, on the other hand, confirmed on Thursday that Messi would leave the club after his contract ended on June 30.
9:00 a.m. BST According to ESPN, Chelsea are close to acquiring Inter Milan striker Romelu Lukaku in a €115 million deal.
Lukaku will join Chelsea for the second time, and there are unlikely to be any players going in the other way. As part of the agreement, Marcos Alonso was linked with a transfer to Inter.
Payment terms have not yet been finalized, but personal terms are not expected to be a problem. According to ESPN, Lukaku’s weekly pay is in the neighborhood of £250,000.
Inter never wanted Lukaku to go, according to ESPN sources, and even turned down a €100 million bid plus Alonso. The club opted to consider any “unrefusable” offers only after Lukaku told them of his intention to depart.
Romelu Lukaku, according to Nedum Onuoha, is an experienced striker who would put Man City on notice if he moved to Stamford Bridge.
GOSSIP ON PAPER (by Nick Judd)
– According to Calciomercato, Internazionale will be extremely active in the transfer market as they seek to replace Romelu Lukaku with not one, but two attackers. According to ESPN, Lukaku is close to negotiating a €115 million transfer to former club Chelsea, leaving Inter manager Simeone Inzaghi with the onerous job of finding a capable replacement or two for the Belgian. Inter are interested in signing AS Roma’s Edin Dzeko and Atalanta’s Duvan Zapata, with Real Madrid’s Luka Jovic and Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham also being mentioned.
– Brighton & Hove Albion are looking to Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah to help them find the net on a more regular basis this season, reports the Sun. Seagulls boss Graham Potter has identified the 22-year-old as his main target as he looks to add more firepower to his squad. Brighton would need to part with around £20m to land a player who has found first-team opportunities hard to come by in North London. Nketiah scored two goals in 17 appearances for the Gunners last season.
– According to Fabrizio Romano, Atalanta will meet with Chelsea officials in the next two days in an effort to recruit Tammy Abraham. The Italian club has made the 23-year-old striker their primary target this summer and is willing to pay about €40 million to get him. If Zapata joins Inter, Atalanta may be on the lookout for a replacement. Abraham is also being pursued by Arsenal and West Ham United.
– Arsenal are looking to strengthen in the goalkeeping department and the Express reports that the North London club have been offered Barcelona goalkeeper Neto. Despite the impending departure of Lionel Messi, Barcelona still appear to be in a financial hole, and so moving 32-year-old Neto on would help provide further assistance for the Catalan giants. Arsenal are currently heading into the new season with Bernd Leno and Runar Alex Runarsson, but the Londoners are keen to replace the Iceland international as the No. 2.
– According to Calciomercato, Norway winger Jens Petter-Hauge is poised to join Eintracht Frankfurt from AC Milan. The 21-year-old is scheduled to depart the Rossoneri on Sunday and will have his physical the following day. The transaction is believed to be a loan, with the Germans having the option to make it permanent for a price of about €12 million. Milan had already rejected an offer of approximately €7m-€8m, but it now seems that Petter-Hauge is leaving the city only a year after arriving.
Arsenal has been linked with a move for Tottenham Hotspur star Kieran Trippier, and the north London club have been linked with a move for the player before.. Read more about charlotte trippier and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- arsenal transfer news
- latest man utd transfer news today last 5 minutes
- manchester united transfer history
- man utd transfer news
- man utd news