Whether your organization is having a tough time tackling the ‘Great Resignation’ phenomenon or you are having expansion plans and require more skilled and experienced people in your team, hiring could be a success when you get the word out. According to the U.S. Chamber, hiring could be challenging for startups, however, expanding your team is essential for growth.
Your ultimate pool of candidates will be broader if you put in extra endeavors to market it. ‘We Are Hiring’ signs are often considered to be old-school advertising, however, they are still one of the most effective and affordable advertising channels.
Reasons to Use Hiring Signs
Best for Attracting Local Candidates: People, who come across your hiring sign usually, live nearby. The prospect and lure of a comfy short commute could help sway a prospective hire. If you are thinking of covering various shifts, it is a good idea to recruit local candidates. You may strategically display your ‘Now Hiring Sign’ on
- Community bulletin boards
- Local town hall
- Local government buildings
- Coffee Shops
- Nonprofit community centers
- Public parks or local gyms (if allowed)
- Announcement boards at local grocery stores
Most Cost-Effective Recruitment Advertising: Hiring signs can be designed, printed, and strategically placed outside your organization at a very small cost. Hiring signs are undoubtedly one of the most affordable ways of advertising your job openings. You may consider doing the banners for free. You may download and customize an online template as per your requirements.
Best for Reinforcing Word-of-Mouth Recruitment: They are quite effective in fortifying word-of-mouth recruitment. Your customers, onlookers, and passersby will be letting their friends or entire networks know that there is a vacancy at your store or office.
Tips To Make the Most of Hiring Signs
- Remember to remove the hiring sign if it is not fruitful in getting you the perfect candidates or qualified applications. Keeping a hiring sign lying outside your office or store for an extended period may convey the wrong message. People will assume that your organization has a high turnover.
- It is a good idea to keep monitoring your recruiting metrics. Remember that job hiring banners and signs are among many other hiring sources. You may focus on combining them along with online ads and all other sourcing methods for maximizing your outreach to prospective candidates.
- You must keep track of the accurate number of resumes you are receiving, in case you are requesting resumes from the applicants.
- Consider asking the online applicants how they got to know about your vacant positions.
It is of pivotal importance to streamline your entire hiring process. The first step is to tempt the prospective candidates into entering your office or store. Entice them into submitting their applications and resumes if required. Ensure that you will be following it up with a seamless recruitment process. Remember that candidates applying for your vacant position generally are actively seeking a new job. Ultimately, you should focus your attention and devote your time and energy to processing the job applications quickly. Add qualified candidates at the earliest possible to the recruitment pipelines.