Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru was once quoted as saying: To be safe on land, we must be responsible at sea. The conclusion of the quote was that India has a long coastline and there is definitely a coastal threat. For the people of India to feel safe, a strong navy is essential. The coastline of India is actually 7,500 km long. The EEZ covers an area of more than 2 million square kilometres. In this case, the coastline becomes an important asset to protect.
Not surprisingly, 97% of India’s trade is by sea. The Indian Navy protects all vital installations and guards the coastline throughout the year. The Navy is responsible for guarding and protecting people from threats, but it also protects civilians during natural disasters. The institute has played a key role in tsunamis, cyclones, floods and various other natural disasters. The Navy conducts large-scale relief missions, which is essential if you are on duty to save lives.
The role of a naval officer is undoubtedly very exciting, and we are sure that you too would like to work as a naval officer. This is a good career opportunity and you can choose a profession. It brings the respect and satisfaction that one can only get when they have served their country. In this article, we have provided information about the career of a naval officer, and have described the selection process in detail. Go ahead and check the information.
Fields as naval officer
We know you want to join the Indian Navy as a naval officer, but did you know there are different areas in this profession? In this section, we have listed some details about the fields available to Indian Navy officers.
- Training – here officers are responsible for overseeing the learning activities of the cadets. They are also responsible for preparing the cadets for war.
- Electrical – in this area, personnel must deal with the computer system, electrical system and communication system. All this is necessary for the proper functioning of the fleet.
- Engineering – As the name suggests, members of the engineering team are concerned with solving problems related to engineering. They are often found in the modernization of ships, in the maintenance of ships, submarines and aircraft. They are responsible for offshore and other activities.
- Executive – This area is one of the most interesting. Responsibility for the management of naval and submarine warfare fell to officers who were given command posts.
- Medical – Medical personnel are hired through AFMS. They are responsible for the medical support of the Indian Navy.
Also read : How to join the Indian Navy for girls.
Eligibility criteria for marine aid
In this section, we have listed the eligibility criteria that the Navy must meet. See details below.
- The candidate must be a national of India or a resident of a friendly nation like Nepal or Bhutan. However, the applicant has to get special permission from the government if he/she is a national other than Indian.
- The candidate must have completed his undergraduate degree. 10+2 for admission to undergraduate program and Bachelor of Engineering or any other CDSE degree.
- Applicants must be single males. The criteria vary according to the level.
- The candidate had to have an MPC of 10+2 and had to score 75% in these subjects. The candidate also had to achieve a score of 50% for English.
- The candidate must be in good physical condition and must not suffer from any disease, disability or deformity.
- The candidate must have vision that meets the prescribed standards. This includes the standard with and without glasses.
Selection of naval officers
There are several ways to get to the Indian Navy. In this section we have covered all the details to become an officer in Indian Navy. There are four ways to join the Indian Navy as an officer and below are the details.
- UPSC inputs
- Evaluation of the combined defence services (CDSE)
- National Defence College (Naval or Naval War College)
- Direct student registration – Standing Committee
- 10+2 – B.Tech
- Direct access for former students – Standing Committee
- Indian Navy entrance test – SSC or permanent appointment
- Air Traffic Controller
- Director General Services
- Executive Director General Services – Electrician
- IT PAGE
- Naval architect
- Naval Weapons Management Inspectorate
You have read about the admission process, now more about the exams and other details. In order to begin working as a naval officer, you must undergo a physical examination, a health check and a personal interaction.
- NOA – This admission method is controlled by the UPSC and includes a written test followed by an interview. If you pass the interview, you will undergo a medical examination and a list of suitable candidates will be drawn up. The letter of appointment will be issued and training staff are asked to report to the Academy in January or July. The announcement of the review will be made in June or December. And the exams are held every year in August and January.
- CDSE – Like the NDA, the CDSE exam is also conducted for graduates. This test is administered every year in February and October. The announcement is made in November and July of each year. Integration after this exam takes place in January and July of the following year. If the candidate has passed the CDSE, the interview with the SSB will take place at the same time as the medical test.
- NCC – Many candidates also get the role through the NCC. Along with the announcement of the CDSE examination, the vacancies for the holders of the NCC C Higher Division Certificate of the Navy Wing will also be announced. This course can be taken by B.Tech or B.E. graduates. The advantage of this method is that the participant does not have to take a written exam. The candidate only needs to pass the interview with the SSB and the medical examination.
- Direct Undergraduate Admission – A candidate who has scored 70% in PCM and 50% in English 10+2 may be eligible. The candidate should have JEE rank and the opening for this level will be published in the vacancy notification. In this entry option, the candidate is enrolled in a Bachelor of Engineering program.
- Direct graduate – The ad will be published in the Direct Entry Job Journal. Candidates may be nominated to the Permanent and Short-Term Services Committee. It is also used to train candidates interested in law, music or sports. For these candidates, an initial examination will be conducted and then the candidates will be invited for an interview with the SSB. After a medical examination, the Navy can hire the candidate.
- INET – Indian Naval Entrance Test will help you to get naval officer training from the permanent boards and SSCs. The test takes place twice a year. INET exam candidates must be questioned by the SSB. After the interview, the candidate may undergo a medical test and if positive, will be invited for an interview.
Note that the SSB test is performed in two stages. In the first phase, intelligence and perception are tested. The second step consists of a psychological test, a group discussion and an interview.
Also read : Merchant Marine course in India: Eligibility, career, size and salary
Naval Officers Training Centre
For naval officers, the training centre is the Indian Naval Academy. It is located in the town of Jejimala in Kannur. Kannur is located in Kerala and borders the Arabian Sea. This academy trains officers and this training center is huge. The training is structured to educate the agent and give them the right skills and attitude. The training contributes to the development of mental alertness, physical strength and a good moral and technical self-image. Officers are taught to be creative and are made resourceful while working for the Indian Navy.
Salary scheme for naval officers
No matter what kind of work you do, the fare is still needed. After all, you have bills to pay. In the following table we have listed the pay scale for naval officers. The scale depends on your level, so go check the information now.
|second lieutenant||10||Rs 56100 to Rs 177500||15500 rupees|
|Lieutenant.||10B||Rs. 61300 to Rs. 193900||15500 rupees|
|Lieutenant||11||Rs. 69400 to Rs. 207200||15500 rupees|
|Commander||12A||Rs. 121200 – Rs. 212400||15500 rupees|
|Captain||13||Rs. 130600 to Rs. 215900||15500 rupees|
|Commodore||13A||Rs 139600 – Rs 217600||15500 rupees|
|Vice Admiral||14||Rs 144200 to Rs 218200||NA|
|Vice Admiral||15||Rs. 182200 to Rs. 224100||NA|
|Vice Admiral and equivalent||16||Rs. 205400 to Rs. 224400||NA|
|VCS/in C equivalent||17||Rs. 225.000||NA|
|NHA and equivalent||18||Rs. 225.000||NA|
Basic allowance for naval officers
In addition to your salary, you will receive many benefits when you serve as a naval officer in the country. In the table below you can see the different benefits you will receive.
|Resolution||Authorisation||Price per month|
|Steering||Qualified pilot or observer||25000 rupees|
|Submarine||A qualified submariner||25000 rupees|
|Macro||Qualified macros||25000 rupees|
|Various||Every skipper||900 rupees|
|Sea voyage||officers of the sailing fleet||10500 rupees|
|Engineering||Technical experts||3000 – 4500 rupees|
|Instructions||Officer Instructor position||No data available|
|Hard zone||Agents stationed in a hard-to-reach area (according to the government).||20% of the basic salary|
|Form||All agents||No data available|
|Rental properties||In the absence of social housing||8%, 16% or 24% of the basic salary|
|Transport||entire staff||Rs. 3600 or Rs. 7200 (+DA TEON)|
Benefits of becoming a naval officer
There are also many benefits to being a naval officer. In this section, we have highlighted some of these benefits. One look at this achievement will make you understand how rewarding the role of a naval officer is. See details below.
- You are entitled to group insurance. This insurance is offered at a very low premium. The cover for a pilot, an observer or a submariner is Rs. 57 and for all other officers Rs. 50.
- A naval officer is also entitled to make concessions. During the year, the official shall be granted 60 days of annual leave and 20 days of special leave. If you can’t take all of your vacation, don’t worry because you can save up to 30 vacation days per year. Accrued leave days can be cancelled at the time of retirement.
- A naval officer also receives free train or airline tickets while on leave. The concession also applies to the family of a naval officer. An officer may travel with up to five other family members when traveling by train.
- A naval officer is entitled to a pension upon retirement. In the event of an accident in which a naval officer dies, his spouse remains in receipt of a pension. Health insurance is available for life. Finally, allowances are paid to staff who have only recently joined the company.
It was to become a naval officer in India. You can consult the details of the selection procedure and choose the discipline that suits your level. You can also visit the Indian Navy website to learn more about the different aspects of being a naval officer. It includes detailed medical and physical standards and a detailed description of the benefits you will receive while serving the country as a naval officer. If you need more information, you can also leave a comment below. We will try to answer you as soon as possible.
frequently asked questions
What is the salary of a naval officer in India?
The ”Allowances for…” page
How can I join the Indian Navy after 12 years?
2012/06 ‘ How to approach an Indian…
Can passage 10 be applied to the Navy?
Feedback,indian navy officer salaryindian navy officer entryjoin indian navyindian navy direct entry 2020how to join indian navy after graduationhow to become a navy officer in india for girl,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,how to become a navy officer in india for girl,indian navy officer salary,how to become a navy officer in indian after 12th,join indian navy,indian navy direct entry 2020,how to join indian navy after graduation,how to join indian navy after 12th without nda,how to join indian navy after engineering