The first step to becoming a software architect in India is to decide whether to work for a small company or a large corporation. If you want to work for a smaller company, you will likely have a larger role in the day-to-day operations of the office. Being a smaller company, you will likely have greater input into the development of the software being created.
India is an excellent place to find a job as a software engineer. The Indian IT infrastructure is third only to the United States and China as the largest in the world. That doesn’t mean they are short-handed, though. In fact, the IT industry in India is growing faster than any other in the world, and is expected to grow by as much as 10% per year. Positive: 2 Negative: 1
As of April 2015, there are over 1.5 million software developers in India, making it the world’s second largest software exporter – after the USA. India’s IT industry is projected to grow from $108 billion in 2014 to $350 billion by 2020. Software giants including Microsoft, IBM, Google, Adobe, CA Technologies and HP, among others, have all set up development centers in India. There are many reasons why India has become the world’s most sought-after destination for software development.
The field of software development is very broad. In this section you will find many different roles. Management positions include scrum masters, project managers and business analysts. You’ll find positions for developers, systems analysts, testers, and many other jobs in the technology sector. One of these elite positions in the technology sector is that of software architect. This category is considered the top of the pyramid for developers. The role of a software architect is very important and it is one of the most responsible professions. Earlier companies used to outsource software architect functions, but now companies feel comfortable hiring a software architect in India. If you want to know more about the role of a software architect, let us first tell you what the main responsibilities of a software architect are. The software architect is an expert in software development and works with various teams to design, develop and implement software solutions. The software architect works at a high design level and helps the team shape the framework of the application or solution. He is responsible for decisions related to technology, technical standards and software development. In this article, we have given more details about the role of a software architect and how to become one. Read the information in the following sections.
What are the main tasks of a software architect?
We have listed below the main roles and responsibilities of a software architect. Now look at it.
- The software architect is responsible for designing the software architecture and defining the software requirements.
- The software architect is also responsible for choosing the technology, tools, processes and standards for the project or application being developed.
- In most cases, all developers on the team report to the software architect, who is responsible for leading the team and assigning tasks.
- The software architect works closely with other teams and also works with end users to get feedback on the developed software solutions.
- The software architect works on the implementation and transfer of the software to the support team. In this phase, the software architect is also responsible for documentation and training of support staff.
Selection criteria for the position of Software Architect.
When we talk about a domain or role family, we always give you information about the selection criteria associated with that role. This way you can see if you are the right person for the job. Knowing the selection criteria will also help you prepare for the job. Familiarize yourself with the basic qualifications associated with the role of a software architect.
- You must have at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. A master’s degree is not required, but is preferred.
- You should understand various concepts of software development and have programming skills.
- You need to understand concepts of the modern era such as agile frameworks, development operations, systems engineering and other delivery methodologies.
- You must have good communication skills, as much of a software architect’s work involves documentation. Knowledge of design programs such as MS Visio will help you create logical design diagrams.
- It takes many skills to become a software architect. We have listed some of them below.
- You must have good problem-solving skills, as you will face many different problems in your job.
- You must have an eye for detail, as it is needed not only to debug the application, but also to design it.
- You must be well organized and good with your time. In addition, many people will report to you, so you must have good leadership skills.
How to become a software architect in India?
You have learned the basic roles and tasks of a software architect. This will give you an idea of what it takes to become a software architect. Here are detailed steps to help you reach your goal.
- 10+2 – Preparation begins at level 10+2. When choosing a major, it is preferable to choose natural sciences with computer science. This will help you meet the selection criteria of engineering schools. With computer science in 10+2, your foundation will be prepared as you learn programming and understand the basics of application development.
- Bachelor’s Degree – The next important thing after 10+2 is the Bachelor’s Degree. The choice is yours, and the cheapest is B.Tech. You can do a Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science, and you’ll learn a lot about software design and development. You can also pursue a degree in computer applications. Admission to an undergraduate program is based on competitive exams like JEE, so you need to prepare accordingly. Some universities also organize their own admission tests, which you should not miss. During the B.Tech program, you will also do an internship, and this is when you will have your first encounter with the world of IT.
- Master’s degree – If you have completed an undergraduate degree, a master’s degree is now an option for you. You can get straight into the IT world and start your career as a developer. Most organizations offer M.Tech distance learning to their students. You can choose one of these programs to improve your skills and get a degree at the same time. If you have completed your BCA at undergraduate level, it will definitely help you get into the MCA. The Master’s degree can be obtained after passing the GATE exam. GATE assists with the application process for full-time degree programs. If you choose to participate in the Executive M.Tech program, you may enroll directly with the organization sponsoring the program. The choice of the master program is yours.
- Programming Language Certification – You must be proficient in programming languages. In this case, you can choose between different certificates offered in the market. One of these popular areas is Java certification. Java certification is offered at different levels and it is also in high demand. Additionally, you can opt for OCUP 2 or Microsoft Azure certification. In the Microsoft Azure certification, you will face nine different exams that you can take depending on your needs.
- Enter the world of IT – No more talking about the qualifications required for the role of software architect. The most important thing to become a software architect is professional experience. You can start working and gaining development skills immediately after graduation. You can also get a job in addition to your studies. In general, at least five years of experience is required to become a software architect, but there are many exceptions to this rule. If you work in IT, you should also observe the software architect on your team and follow his recommendations.
Software Architect Course
The next important thing is the professional background of a software architect. We’ll start with the basics and tell you how to get that special role. This is how you start your career as a developer. If you reach a higher level, you will be promoted to the rank of Senior Developer. At your next promotion, you will become a technical manager, also called a project manager in some organizations. The next time you get promoted, you may get a position as a technical architect. You will learn and acquire the skills you need to work as a software architect. Promotion or transfer to level 5 is appropriate for the software architect position. This is usually the top of the pyramid, but some people may be given the role of CIO of a department or organization.
Fee schedule for software architects
We already mentioned that you start as a developer. If you work as a developer, you can’t expect a high package. You can expect your salary to increase as you gain experience. Between your first and fourth year as a developer, you can expect growth of more than 100%. If you reach the position of software architect, you can expect a salary starting from Rs 15 lakh. That’s the minimum we see in the industry. The average salary of software architects is Rs 25 lakhs. There is no real upper limit, because you can always negotiate your skills, and you can increase your salary as things change. Advantages of the profession of software architecture As mentioned earlier, a software architect is considered one of the most elite positions. This is due to the following benefits.
- Flexible working – organisations are much more flexible these days. You can determine your own working hours and even work from home. This trend gives you enough flexibility to manage your work. There may be stressful moments, but this flexibility often helps to maintain a work-life balance.
- Responsibility – As a Software Architect, you will be responsible for the end-to-end development and deployment of the application or solution. You will also need to lead development teams, which will certainly give you a sense of responsibility and satisfaction.
- Salary – The salary of a software architect is relatively high and enough to afford a luxurious lifestyle. If you’re looking for a big monthly salary, working as a software architect can help you get what you want. With a little effort, you can work in one of the highest paid professions.
- Opportunities and Opportunities – There are many opportunities open to you when you work as a software architect. You can easily change jobs, get promoted and have the opportunity to travel to clients. By traveling a lot, you can earn money on top of your salary.
Disadvantages of working as a software architect Although working as a software architect has many advantages, it also has some disadvantages. We have listed them for you below.
- Demanding work culture – The work culture in the IT sector tends to be very demanding. There are times when you need to extend your shift, and there are times when you work weekends. If you make a mistake, you may even have to sit in the office for a long time.
- The need for professional development – The software architect is a position where you are expected to stay on the cutting edge of technology. This means that you need to improve your skills very often. You have to keep the information up to date, which can take a lot of effort.
- Stress – According to the survey, software development is one of the most stressful professions. You can expect the same as long as you work in this field. To beat the competition, you have to give more than 100%.
Final assessment We have covered all the details on how to become a software architect. You should start preparing for a job in the computer industry while you are still in school. That way you can be sure you are choosing the right courses and the right specialization. You also need to gain a lot of experience as a software developer before you can hold the position of a software architect. In most cases, the software architect position is obtained through internal job postings. Most companies prefer to promote their developers to software architects because these people are familiar with the frameworks used in the company. Remember that software architect is a designation, not a domain. This means that there are many opportunities to get a job as a software architect if you work in the IT industry. We believe you now have the information you need if you want to become a software architect in India. If you would like more information or have any questions, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.Thanks to the growth of outsourcing, it’s never been easier to become a software architect in India. As more and more companies choose to outsource their software architecture needs, the number of opportunities for architects in India has grown exponentially. Whether you’re just starting out as a software architect or trying to advance your career in the technology field, here’s what you need to know to become a software architect in India.. Read more about how to become software architect and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you become a software architect?
When it comes to the software industry, the role of the software architect is an important one. Without software architects, software projects would be late, buggy, and generally a mess. However, becoming a software architect is a little more difficult than most careers. You don’t just walk into the building one day with your architect clothes, sit in a big chair, and start telling everyone what to do. In fact, most architects have years of prior experience in a variety of roles before they become software architects. A software architect is a senior software engineer who dedicates his or her time to designing and planning the software that will be written by other developers. Software architects are often the most experienced engineers on a team, and this responsibility comes with both a larger salary and more responsibilities than a junior engineer might have. There are many ways to become a software architect, each suited to the specific individual. While it may take a few years for a software architect to rise to the level of senior architect, there are many ways to get there, and each one depends on the person and the company.
What degree do you need to be a software architect?
A software architect is a computer programmer who specializes in defining the structures that guide the development of an application. To be an effective architect, a programmer must not only know the ins and outs of software coding, but must also be familiar with software development methodology, including the project lifecycle, project management, and technical communication. In addition to understanding how to write quality code, software architects must be adept at planning and analyzing an application’s overall structure to make sure it is easy for users to navigate and will perform as expected. They also work closely with software designers, quality assurance teams, and other project leaders to ensure that the project meets its deadlines and budget. What is a software architect ? A software architect is a person who has the skills and abilities to design and oversee the construction of complex software systems in accordance with customer specifications, using existing software design and development techniques. What degree do you need to be a software architect ? Software architects are quite often required to have a degree in software engineering or computer science.
How can I become a software architect after 12th?
Software architects are in high demand these days, but the path to becoming one is not an easy one. (You don’t just get to wear a cool t-shirt and call yourself an architect, after all.) It is a path that requires years of study, experience and networking, but it can be done. A few years ago, we talked to an expert who offered some great advice for people who wanted to become an architect. Here is what she told us: So, you’re a junior developer with experience in Java, C, or C++ and you’re ready to take the next step to become a software architect. Good for you! However, you might be wondering how you can become a software architect when you don’t have a tech degree in computer science.
software architect salarysoftware architect salary in indiasoftware architect school requirementshow to become software architectsoftware architect salary australiasoftware architect salary in us,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,Fundamen… of Software Architectur…,Software Architecture in Practice,Essential Software Architecture,Patterns of Enterprise Applicatio…,Clean Architecture: A Craftsm…,Clean Code,See more,software architect salary in india,software architect salary,software architect school requirements,how to become software architect,how long does it take to become a software architect,software architect salary australia,software architect salary in us,how to become a software architect reddit