Saul Niguez has emerged as a potential transfer target for Jose Mourinho. The 21-year-old midfielder has been on the Red Devils’ radar since his big money move to Atletico Madrid in 2015. The Spaniard is under contract until 2020, but has been heavily linked with a move to Old Trafford in the near future.
Manchester United are chasing Atletico Madrid’s Saul Niguez, who is the subject of a £17 million bid from the Premier League club. Atletico Madrid are determined not to sell the Spain international, regardless of the bid. A source told the Daily Mirror: “Saul isn’t for sale, so it’s no surprise that he won’t be leaving in the summer. The player is focused on winning the Champions League again next season. He wants to win the Champions League again. That is the driving force in his life and it will not change.”
This is the first summer transfer window of the 2019 season, and for Atletico Madrid, it’s a pivotal one. The Spanish outfit currently sits in second place in La Liga, just behind Barcelona, but is in serious danger of missing out on Champions League football next season as the club has made a dreadful start to the campaign. As a result, the club is facing a big decision: should they sell manager Diego Simeone, or spend big to bring in reinforcements in the form of Saul Niguez and Willian.. Read more about manchester united schedule and let us know what you think.With most of Europe’s major seasons coming to an end, the rumour mill is in full swing as clubs ponder their moves for the upcoming transfer window. Check out the latest gossip below, and see all the official proposals here.
MAIN STORY : Juve and Man United battle it out for Saulprospect
Midfielder Saul Niguez will leave Atletico Madrid this summer. Juventus are leading the race for him with Manchester United, reports Marca.
Despite Atletico’s recent La Liga title, Saul wants to leave the club and take his career in a different direction. Saul won the Copa del Rey, Europa League and UEFA Super Cup, in addition to La Liga, during his nine-year career at Atletico.
Saul is about to leave Atletico, could he join Juventus or Man United? Jose Breton/Pics Action/NurPhoto via Getty Images
Juventus are most interested in his signature, but that could change if the club’s management changes, with Massimo Allegri a tipped replacement for Andrea Pirlo. Juventus are not the only ones interested though, Manchester United are also said to be on the lookout as Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wants to strengthen his squad.
Atletico expected to get €70m for Saul in 2019, but are now open to a bid that will satisfy all parties. Saul himself is reportedly demanding a salary of €7 million per season, which could be too much for United. The Red Devils have been linked with the 26-year-old on several occasions in recent years, but given the player’s desire to leave the club this time around, they could be closer to their long-term goal than ever before.
– Manchester United have reportedly made a bold bid to sign Atletico Madrid goalkeeper Jan Oblakzu, reports The Sun. The report says United want to solve their goalkeeping crisis by swapping Oblak for David de Gea. Oblak, 28, will cost around £70m, but United think they can reduce that amount by sending De Gea in the other direction. De Gea, who missed the decisive penalty in the game against Villarreal, has come over from Atletico.
– Manchester City have made Jack Grealish their top transfer target this summer and are willing to offer up to £100m to get their man, reports the Mail. City boss Pep Guardiola has reportedly been a fan of Grealish for a long time and the Catalan coach wants the 25-year-old to become the focal point of City’s midfield in the 2021-22 season. Grealish has four years left on his contract at Aston Villa, which was extended last September, meaning City will have to pay a hefty transfer fee to get him away from Villa Park.
– Hakan Calhanoglu is likely to leave Milan this summer when his contract expires. Although his possible future destination is still unknown, Liverpool have reportedly shown interest in him, according to Calciomercato. The 27-year-old attacking midfielder has received offers from Qatar, but it seems he prefers to play at a higher level. Juventus have shown interest, but major changes have taken place in Turin, while Liverpool have reportedly contacted Kalhanoglu’s representatives, although no final bid has yet been made.
– Paris Saint-Germain have made a bid to Milan to buy left-back Theo Hernandezan, Footmercato reports. However, an agreement between the two clubs has not yet been reached, although the French club have intensified talks in recent days. The 23-year-old is still under contract with the Rossoneri until June 2024 and Milan are in no hurry to let him go. But after eight goals and eight assists in 45 games, the former France youth international is in demand in the French capital.
– Barcelona president Joan Laporta is confident he can convince Pep Guardiola to return to the club, according to the latest rumours, reports AS. The Barca boss plans to call the Manchester City manager after the Champions League final to lure him back to Camp Nou. Even if Laporte has to wait until the start of the 2022-23 season, he should not hesitate to persuade the former Barca boss to return to the Catalan capital.
– Brighton and Hove Albion are interested in acquiring Arsenal striker Eddie Nketiah, which could lead to a transfer in the other direction for midfielder Yves Bissouma , reports The Sun. The Gunners are one of the clubs interested in the talented 24-year-old Bissouma, but Arsenal are hoping that Graeme Potter’s interest in Nketiah could make a swap possible. Brighton are looking to strengthen their attack and see 21-year-old Nketiah as an excellent rival to Danny Welbeck, while Arsenal need reinforcements in midfield.
manchester united schedulemanchester united value,People also search for,Privacy settings,How Search works,manchester united schedule,manchester united value