The NFL has been the most popular sport in America for decades, but it’s facing a major problem. Football is one of the most dangerous sports with an average of 4.2 concussions per game and more than 100 players retiring every year due to brain injuries.
The chicago bears is a professional American football team from Chicago, Illinois. They are members of the National Football Conference North Division in the National Football League.
When Aaron Rodgers visits the Windy City, Chicago gamblers know what to do: pile up on the Packers.
With the Packers in Chicago to face the Bears on Sunday, Illinois bookmakers were flooded with Green Bay wagers. At fact, in certain Illinois sportsbooks, there was a larger proportion of bets on the Packers than in other states:
• In Illinois, 87 percent of the money was on the Packers to cover the 5.5-point spread at Caesars Sportsbook. However, there were more bets — and more money — on the Bears plus the points than on the Packers across all Caesars Sportsbooks in all states.
• In Illinois, 95 percent of the money was on the Packers to win straight up at BetRivers’ sportsbook. The Packers only received 75% of the money at BetRivers sportsbooks in other states.
“Bears supporters seem to have accepted their Rodgers destiny and are attempting to earn a few dollars along the road,” said Zach Schlouch, sportsbook manager at BetRivers.
For years, backing Rodgers and the Packers against the Bears has proven to be a successful approach. Rodgers improved to 22-5 straight up and 20-7 against the spread against the Bears with Sunday’s 24-14 victory. At Soldier Field, he’s 11-3 both straight up and against the spread.
Rodgers does, in fact, own the Bears, as he told the Chicago fans on Sunday.
Notable NFL Players
• In two words, veteran Las Vegas bookmaker Johnny Avello, now with DraftKings, summed up his shop’s NFL performance on Sunday: “Pretty awful.”
On Sunday, NFL favorites went 9-3 straight up and 8-4 against the spread, and the betting public crushed the bookies for the second week in a row.
“There’s always next week,” Avello said, although that assumes the bookmakers can afford to keep the lights on after Sunday’s loss…
• For many bookmakers, the Chiefs covering a touchdown spread in a 31-13 victory against the Football Team was the worst choice of the morning. The Chiefs were on a 3-13 run against the spread, but the betting public was undaunted and backed them strongly.
The Rams, who thrashed the Giants 38-11 as 8-point favorites, and the aforementioned Packers also performed nicely for bettors.
“In the morning, we only won one game out of the whole card. The Ravens defeated the Chargers, and it wasn’t a very significant victory for us “On Sunday night, Jeff Stoneback, director of BetMGM sportsbooks in Nevada, stated. “It’s difficult when the favorites are 7-1 [in the early games].”
• With the Cowboys’ early success, bookmakers’ parlay liability grew in the afternoon, with a lot of it resting on the Cowboys against the Patriots.
In a crazy last seven minutes of the fourth quarter, Dallas, who finished as a consensus 4-point favorite, trailed the Patriots twice. The Cowboys won 35-29 after forcing overtime and covering the spread on a touchdown throw from Dak Prescott to CeeDee Lamb.
It’s completely free to play! Pick NFL wins straight up or against the spread for a chance to win over $14,400 in cash and prizes!
The Cowboys’ comeback was dubbed “the killing blow” by Craig Mucklow, vice president of trading at Caesars Sportsbook, who said that Dallas covered rather than losing outright resulted in an eight-figure swing against the house. It resulted in a seven-figure loss for bookmaker PointsBet, which attributed the loss on a high number of money-line parlays involving the Cowboys.
• On Sunday, Caesars acknowledged accepting eight $500,000 NFL bets. Only the Football Team failed to deliver, as seven of them won.
In a text message, Mucklow remarked, “Great day for our consumers.”
• The Cowboys are now 6-0 against the spread, their best ATS start since the Chiefs went 7-0 in 2018.
• Last week, a bettor at Caesars in Michigan put $50,000 on the Cowboys to win the Super Bowl at 14-1 odds. The wager would pay out a total of $700,000.
• On Sunday, the “Joe’s,” as the betting public is known, beat the professionals, which is a frequent occurrence when bookmakers lose. The SuperBook at Westgate Las Vegas reported accepting bets on the Bears +6, Football Team +7, Colts -10, Vikings pick ’em, Bengals -3, Giants +10.5, and Broncos -4 from clients they’ve grown to appreciate.
• Throughout the week, the Borgata in Atlantic City, New Jersey, saw a lot of activity on the Giants.
“”The ticket count was heavily skewed toward the Rams,” Tom Gable, sportsbook director at The Borgata, wrote in an email to ESPN on Sunday evening, “but over 85 percent of the money was on the Giants here.” Throughout the week, we took respectable money on the Giants, and it just kept pushing that number down to 7.5, where it ended.”
• Early in the season, when the Raiders were 3-0, there was a surge in Raiders betting interest in Las Vegas. The Raiders’ opening victory against the Ravens on Monday Night Football resulted in one of the largest losses in Nevada sportsbooks history on a single regular-season game. However, with the Raiders having lost two in a row and coach Jon Gruden leaving, betting support for the local team waned last week. Las Vegas bounced back with a 34-24 victory against Denver.
“We really fared pretty well on the Raiders defeating the Broncos,” John Murray, the SuperBook’s executive director, said late Sunday. “But, with Dallas winning and covering, we’re in trouble, and we’ve got all those parlays on the Dodgers and Steelers tonight, as well as the Bills on Monday Night Football. If none of these dogs wins, things may become very nasty.”
On Monday, the Bills are 6-point away favorites against the Titans.
Notables in college football
A daily sports betting news and information program (ESPN2, 6-7 p.m. ET) that seeks to better serve the millions of sports fans who engage in sports gambling by providing in-depth analysis. Take a look »
• At Circa Sports, Clemson was a 2-point underdog against Pittsburgh. On Sunday afternoon, the line was increased to Pitt -4. If the line holds, Clemson will be an underdog in an ACC game for the first time since 2016.
• Caleb Williams, a freshman quarterback from Oklahoma, is 25-1 to win the Heisman Trophy at Caesars Sportsbook.
• If you’re looking for a “All I wanted to do was score. That’s an excellent defense. You have no idea how the remainder of the year is going to turn out. We got a chance to score, so we did.” With seven seconds remaining and the Wildcats behind Georgia 30-7, Kentucky coach Mark Stoops called timeout.
In a 30-13 defeat against the top-ranked Bulldogs, Kentucky, a 22-point underdog, scored on the following play and covered the spread.
• According to Circa Sports college football oddsmaker Matt Metcalf, the projected line for Alabama vs. Georgia is -1.
the first few lines[Image courtesy of Circa Sports, the first sportsbook to provide weekly college football odds] Illinois -17, 49.5 at No. 7 Penn State; Northwestern -19, 53.5 at No. 5 Michigan; No. 2 Cincinnati -24, 41.5 at Navy Wisconsin -5, 41.5 vs. No. 25 Purdue Clemson -2, 50.5 vs. No. 23 Pittsburgh No. 10 Oregon -2, 65.5 vs. UCLA No. 8 Oklahoma State -7, 45.5 vs. Iowa State No. 12 Ole Miss vs. LSU -12, 75.5 No. 4 Alabama -29, 67.5 at No. 5 Ohio State -19, 60.5 at Indiana USC -4, 53.5 at No. 13 Notre Dame
What were the chances of it happening?
On Saturday, Liberty’s money-line odds versus Louisiana-Monroe are -20,000. UL-Monroe, a consensus 33-point underdog and 40-1 money-line favorite, won 31-28. It’s the biggest upset in a game between two FBS opponents since 2012, and it paid off handsomely for one gambler, who put $596.93 on UL-Monroe at 30-1 and earned $17,910.90.
37.5 — Army-consensus Wisconsin’s closing total, the lowest of the season. Wisconsin won by a score of 20-14.
minus (8) In preseason play on Wednesday, the Dallas Mavericks were 8-point favorites against the Charlotte Hornets. The Mavs won by a score of 127-59. According to PointsBet, NBA preseason games draw approximately 20% of the handling of regular-season games, with 66 percent of the money wagered on the Mavs-Hornets game going to the underdog Hornets, who lost by 68 points.
— +2200 Preseason odds for the Chicago Sky to win the WNBA championship. On Sunday, the Sky defeated the Phoenix Mercury in Game 4 to claim the title.
At WynnBet, Kevin Durant has a +225 chance of averaging more than 30.1 points per game this season, which is the same as Michael Jordan’s lifetime average. The sportsbook offered numerous props comparing today’s players to all-time greats in honor of the NBA’s 75th season.
The chicago bears owner is a person who owns the team that plays in the NFL. They are responsible for making sure that the team has what it needs to be successful on and off of the field.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the most common bets?
The most common bets are the red team and blue team.
What is the most profitable bet?
That is a difficult question to answer. There are many factors that go into determining what the most profitable bet is. Some of these factors include, but are not limited to, the time left in the game, your current score, and how much money you have on hand.
What are fun bets called?
Fun bets are called wagers.
- aaron rodgers owns the bears wikipedia
- aaron rodgers owns the bears meme
- aaron rodgers owns the bears video
- prop bets
- nba bets