Michael Owen has been talking to a number of British newspapers recently, claiming that he has close ties to Liverpool and Manchester United. He is also claiming that he is close to sealing a move to either of those clubs. However, his agent has described those reports as “pure fantasy”.
The Spanish club Atletico Madrid have reportedly agreed a deal to sell Brazilian striker Saul Niguez to Liverpool for €30m. The deal will be triggered if Atletico reach the Champions League knockout stages, and it will complete the transfer of the player from the Spanish club after he was signed in a €30m move from Real Betis in the summer.
A message sent to the Liverpool Echo has confirmed that Liverpool are interested in signing Saul Niguez in the summer. The Spanish midfielder arrived at Atletico last summer from Real Madrid, but has struggled to nail down a first team place.. Read more about man u vs liverpool and let us know what you think.
The summer transfer season is open now that Euro 2020 and the Copa America are finished, giving Europe’s top clubs the opportunity to make an impact in the market. Check out the newest rumors below, then go here to view all of the official agreements.
Saul is likely to depart Atletico Madrid amid Premier League interest.
According to the Mirror, representatives for Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul Niguez are expected to travel to England next week to explore a transfer to the Premier League.
In recent weeks, the 26-year-old has been linked with a transfer away from Atletico, namely a deal with Barcelona, but Liverpool or Manchester United are in position to acquire the highly regarded midfielder instead.
Despite a £125 million buyout option in his current contract, the Spain midfielder is believed to be available for between £35 and £40 million. Attletico is reported to be ready to accept a lesser offer in order to alleviate financial difficulties created by the epidemic.
Manchester United are reportedly in pole position to acquire Saul in an effort to strengthen their squad, which has already seen the arrival of Jadon Sancho and the near-completion of the Raphael Varane transfer.
Liverpool are seeking to replace the hole left by Georginio Wijnaldum, who departed on a free transfer last month when his contract expired. The midfielder was a vital member of the team that won the Champions League and Premier League, but the two sides were unable to reach an agreement, and the Netherlands international left for Paris Saint-Germain.
– Watch ESPN FC every day on ESPN+ (U.S. only) – A viewer’s guide to the Bundesliga, La Liga, MLS, the FA Cup, and more on ESPN+
Will Atletico Madrid midfielder Saul join Liverpool, Manchester United, or another club? Getty Images/Jose Luis Contreras/DAX Images/NurPhoto
GOSSIP ON PAPER
– According to Calciomercato, Wolves are interested in signing Aaron Ramsey, with Juventus ready to sell the midfielder. As Juventus ratchet up their fundraising efforts, the 30-year-old has been linked with a return to the Premier League. Despite Wolves’ interest in his talents, the Wales international is reported to be unimpressed by the offer and will refuse to leave the Serie A club.
– If Lautaro Martinez leaves this transfer window, Internazionale have identified Joaquin Correa as a possible replacement. Inter are interested in the 26-year-old, according to Mundo Deportivo, after he scored 11 goals and added six assists for another Serie A side Lazio last season. Martinez seems to be on the verge of leaving the Nezazzuri, with rumours claiming Arsenal is interested in signing him.
– According to Calciomercato, new Bordeaux manager Vladimir Petkovic is interested in signing Switzerland international Ricardo Rodriguez. This summer, the two collaborated at Euro 2020, with Petkovic leading the squad to a quarterfinal defeat on penalties to Spain. Since then, the manager has left the international scene to take charge of the Ligue 1 team. He is trying to entice left-back Rodriguez from Torino in one of his first moves at the club, with the club willing to sell him.
– According to the Mirror, West Ham United and Everton have been linked with a deal for Flamengo striker Gabriel Barbosa. Since joining Flamengo from Inter Milan in January 2020, the 24-year-old Brazilian has made an impression. Gabigol has 15 goals in 17 games this season, and a price of approximately £40 million is thought to be sufficient to acquire his services.
– According to the Sun, Crystal Palace are interested in signing Arsenal teenager Reiss Nelson. Patrick Viera, a former Arsenal player, has managed a transformation with his new Palace team this summer, filling important positions and significantly reducing the average squad age. Next on his list is Nelson, a 21-year-old who has previously played in the top division while on loan at TSG Hoffenheim. The winger is said to be out of Mikel Arteta’s immediate plans at the Emirates, while a loan move to Palace would free up funds for incoming manager Viera to add a striker to his team.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- man utd transfer news
- atletico madrid
- man u vs liverpool
- manchester united transfer
- man united vs liverpool