The Swayam courses are the latest educational programme launched by the Government of India to achieve the noble goal of access, equity and quality. This initiative ensures that education is available to all Indian citizens irrespective of caste, religion, state or colour. So far, this program has received positive feedback from all sides and has been very well received.
Now let’s take a closer look at what a Swayam course is and what it entails. The full form of Swayam is actually an acronym for Study Webs or Active Learning for Young Aspiring Minds. Swayam is actually a platform that provides students with higher education and the opportunity to earn enough credits to enroll and receive certificates from institutes or universities.
Today, the Swayam platform offers over 700 courses from over 135 different Indian educational institutions. Anyone can use the Swayam platform, with no restrictions and no registration fees. The courses are designed for students in ninth grade and up. Courses are designed for the first year and last until the end of school.
Parts of the Suyyama track
Every course offered on the Swayam platform takes place in 4 different quadrants,
- Video conference
- Detailed reading material that can be downloaded or printed.
- Online discussion forum for dispelling suspicions
- Self-evaluation test and quiz
The national coordinators of the Swayam courses are
- All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) – International courses and individually organized courses.
- University Grants Commission (UGC) – non-technical postgraduate courses
- National Institute of Technical Research and Teacher Training (NITTR) – Teacher Training Program.
- The National Open University, named after V.V. Lomonosov. Indira Gandhi University (IGNOU) – Uneducated Students.
- Indian Institute of Management (IIMB) – Management Programmes
- National Programme for Technical Education (NPTEL) – Engineering courses
- Consortium for Educational Communication (CEC) – university in-service training
- National Institute for Open Education (NIOS) – School education
- National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT) – School Education
Swayam–Course Qualification Criteria
As far as we know, there are no specific eligibility criteria to join the Swayam course. The main objective of the portal is to offer courses to everyone, regardless of their background. The only admission criterion we know is that the student must be an Indian citizen and the courses are available to students who have completed the 9th standard.
In addition to these basic criteria, the selection criteria will depend on the course you choose. For some bachelor programmes, you must be at least 12 years old. Class, and post-graduate programs require an undergraduate degree.
Swayam Course Overview and Details –
To be enrolled in a Swayam course, a candidate or student must score at least 40% on a common online placement test administered by the course coordinators. The course coordinator will only issue a certificate if the candidate achieves a grade of at least 40%.
Swayam–course details and portal
Portal: – https://swayam.gov.in/
Means of Communication : – English and Hindi
Number of courses: – 400+ courses scheduled
Duration of Swayam Course –
The duration of Swayam courses varies from course to course. Nevertheless, the portal offers courses according to their duration. On the portal you will find the possibility to choose a course according to its duration. Swayam courses are limited to a maximum of 24 weeks. The duration varies from 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 15 weeks, 16 weeks and 24 weeks. The candidate may choose a course of one of the above lengths.
More information about the courses of the Swayam program
Swayam’s courses are more diverse than most people expect, while also being more than most people are used to. The courses are divided into two main types.
- Credit interest
- And non-credit courses.
A credit course is designed to be taught for at least one semester within a program or course. But non-credit courses are designed to improve specific skills and may be an awareness program that is not part of a specific curriculum.
Within these two main types of courses offered by Swayam, the course is divided into 11 main sections.
- AICTE-NITTTR Course
- Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Annual in-service training programme for teachers (ITPAT)
- NPTEL domain
- Humanities and arts
- Architecture and planning
- Engineering and technology
- Management and trading
Otherwise, the actual number of classes in the box here is 0.
- Engineer – 167 is certified
- Science – 131 Certification courses
- Art and Design – 21 certification courses
- Business – 83 certification courses
- Teaching and learning – 36 certification courses
- Social sciences and humanities – 61 certification courses
- Social Sciences – 75 certification courses
- Human Resources Development – 10 Certification Courses
- Mathematics – 40 certification courses
- Informatics – 6 certification courses
- Health and Medical – 13 certification courses
- Computer Science – 36 certification courses
- Programming – 20 certification courses
Here are some of the best courses offered by Swayam. The courses listed below are randomly selected.
1. Digital land surveying and mapping – IIT Roorkee
2. Device design – IIT Roorkee
3. Industrial automation and control – IIT Kharagpur
4. Analysis of nonlinear systems – IIT Madras
5. Design, analysis and evaluation of process management – Madras IIT
6. Experimental stress analysis – Madras IIT
7. Properties of materials – Madrasa IIT
8. MIMO radio basics – IIT Kharagpur
9. Power management ICs – Madras IIT
10. Introduction to the profession of civil engineer – Madrasa IIT
11. Kinematics of mechanisms and machines – IIT Kharagpur
12. Geographical Information System – IIT Kharagpur
13. Microprocessors and microcontrollers – IIT Kharagpur
14. Mechanical Engineering – IIT Kanpur
15. Internal combustion engines and gas turbines, IIT Guwahati.
16. Energy efficiency, acoustics and daylighting, IIT Delhi
17. B.o. IT : Algorithms and applications – IIT Madras
18. Data analysis with Python – IIT Roorkee
19. Python for data science – IIT Madras
20. Fundamentals of Entrepreneurship – IIT Kharagpur
21. Strategic performance management – IIT Kharagpur
22. Behavioural sciences and personal finance – IIT Kharagpur
23. Six Sigma – IIT Kharagpur
24. Financial statement and report analysis – IIT Roorkee
25. Introduction to Retail Management – IIT Bangalore
26. New product development – IIT Bangalore
27. Advanced business strategy – IIT Bangalore
28. Brand Management – IIT Bangalore
29. Business planning and project management – Savitri Phule University of Pune
30. Announcement – Jain Narain Vyas University Jodhpur
31. Supply Chain Management – Avinashilingam Institute of Higher Education in Home Science for Women Coimbatore.
32. Innovation policy and business creation – MILI Institute
33. Demystification of the brain – IIT Madras
34. Electronic theory of solids – IIT Kharagpur
35. Biology of computer systems – IIT Madras
36. Chemical applications of symmetry and group theory – IIT Kharagpur
37. Forests and forestry – IIT Kanpur
38. Introduction to brain and behaviour – IIT Kanpur
39. Bioengineering, Interface with biology and medicine IIT Bombay
40. Fundamentals of biomolecules, nucleic acids and peptides – IIT Guwahati
41. Advanced chemical thermodynamics and kinetics – Indian Institute of Science Education and Research, Mohali
42. Friction and wear of materials – NPTEL
43. Awareness program solar water pumping system – IGNOU.
44. Electronic cancer diagnosis systems – IIT Bangalore
45. Patent preparation for beginners – IIT Madras
46. Roadmap for patent preparation – IIT Kharagpur
47. Introduction to cognitive psychology – IIT Guwahati
48. Strategy and sustainability – MIT Bangalore
49. Access to justice – CEC
50. Design and pedagogy of introduction to programming – IIT Bombay
Fee structure of the Swayam–course
The use of the Swayam portal is free of charge. It’s completely free. Unlike most courses, this course is really useful for people who have access to the internet. However, the applicant must pay a fee to obtain the certificate. But these fees are relatively low and affordable for everyone.
Swayam Online Course Registration –
To register for a Swayam course, the user must register on the portal. The registration procedure is not very complicated. Below are step-by-step instructions on how to register for the course.
Step one: Visit https://swayam.gov.in for the first time.
Step two: On the website you will find the option Subscribe/Register.
Step three: Select this option and then click on the appropriate option on the next page. You can sign in with a Microsoft account, a Google account and a Facebook account, just click on this option and enter your account details.
Step four: Once you have created an account, you will need to verify it with a verification ID that will be sent to your email address. Enter your verification ID to activate your account.
Step 5: Once you have activated your account, log in to your account and select the course you want to take.
Swayam Graduate Careers –
Like all other regular courses, Swayam courses also offer the same career opportunities. The career prospects for a candidate who has taken a Swayam course depend on the course he or she has taken and completed.
All the above parts are brought together on the Swayam portal. If you want to gain more knowledge or if you are short on time, Swayam can be very helpful.
Frequently asked questionsSwing lessons
- How old is the Swayam course?
The Suyam course is a versatile course with many certificates. As for the duration, it depends on the portal you visit to choose your course. Each course has its own duration. The maximum duration of this course is approximately 24 weeks. The course also includes 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks, 12 weeks, 15 weeks, 16 weeks and 24 weeks. Aspirants can choose a particular course of any length.
- What is the minimum qualification to attend a Swayam course?
There are no specific academic requirements to attend Swayam. However, candidates had to have at least grade 9. Completion of the class to pursue a career in this course. In addition, selection criteria may vary from course to course.
For undergraduate programs : A candidate wishing to choose a UG course must have completed a 10+2 course from a recognised board.
For postgraduate courses : A candidate who has passed the examination can enroll in a PG level course.
- What is the best certificate for the Suayama course?
Each course has its own significance in its field. It is, of course, up to the candidate to decide which type he or she wants to achieve. Well, the Swayam course is divided into 11 major sections. Each section contains numerous topics, arranged by theme. Some of them…
- 131 Certification courses in natural sciences
- 167 Engineering certification courses
- 83 business certification courses
- 20 Programming certification courses
- 36 Courses for computer certificates
- 6 Courses for computer certificates
- 13 Health and medicines certificate course
- 40 Mathematics Certification Courses
- 10 Certification courses for personal development
- 75 Social science certificate course
- 61 Social sciences and humanities degree programmes
- 21 art and design certification courses
4. What are the best schools/colleges/universities that offer Swayam courses?
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras
- Indian Institute for Scientific Education and Research, Mohali
- Avinashilingam Institute of Higher Education in Home Sciences for Women Coimbatore.
- Jain Narain Vyas University Jodhpur
- IT Banglor
- IIT Delhi, etc.
- IT Bombay
- Savitri Phule University, Pune
5. Can I register for a Swayam course online?
Yes, of course. The applicant must register on the portal. You can visit the official website of Sayam and apply for admission.
frequently asked questions
Are Swayam courses free?
Does the Swayam certificate have any value?
2019/07 All that…
Who can register for a course at Suyama?
swayam certificate sampleswayam certificate feesswayam courses list 2020swayam certificate valueswayam exam centresswayam registration,People also search for,Feedback,Privacy settings,How Search works,swayam certificate sample,swayam certificate fees,swayam courses list 2020,swayam certificate value,swayam exam centres,swayam registration,swayam full form,swayam courses list 2021